30 people contract food poisoning after Sussex cricket hospitality
An investigation has been launched after 30 people contracted food poisoning following eating food at a Sussex county cricket match.
Environmental health officers are investigating how recipients of hospitality at the Boundary Rooms suite at the PROBIZ County Ground in Hove became ill after eating at the match against Middlesex on June 22nd.
Tickets for hospitality at this part of the ground cost £120 and included a four-course meal, wine, beer and soft drinks as well as entry to the match.
Sussex County Cricket Club has confirmed that around 30 people out of 240 that were in that area of the ground have become ill. The club believes that people became ill from contaminated chicken parfait, although this has yet to be confirmed.
Blackboys, East Sussex - Woodland For Sale - Guide Price £65,000View details
An attractive parcel of woodland incorporating 4 ponds and in all extending to some 2.8 acres.
Terms: Please call us on 01435 864020
Contact: 01435 510009
Valid until: Tuesday, December 31 2013
Guests became ill the following day and for some the illness lasted all week.
Kevin Berry, catering and hospitality manager for the club said that Sussex Cricket Club has a great relationship with its corporate clients and that he was sure this is an isolated incident.
Mr Berry said another event held the following day had passed without any issues and that the club was working with environmental health officers and would look at any recommendations they made.
He said: "The council's environmental health officer has been and taken our records and is happy with our robust systems.
"It has affected a relatively small number of people, but that is still too many. We take this extremely seriously. My chefs take this personally.
"We have been serving this dish for four years and not had any problems."